Friday, July 17, 2009

Ride Across America?







Today started with a great ride up the Missouri River. Although I expected it to be flat, it was a lot of climbing and again, big time headwinds going out (which made really nice coming back). I ran into a group doing America by Bicycle and today they had just crossed their half way mark. They started in Astoria, Oregon and finish in New Hampshire about 3700 miles later. I rode along and talked with Chuck from Maryland and learned as much as I could. There are 65 people on the trip and it takes almost 8 weeks. Maybe next year.






Later in the day I detoured to take in the Corn Palace. Really, I don't know who thinks this stuff up. Anyway as you can see by the photos, it is a building with the exterior decorated with corn and corn stalks, husks, etc. After seeing the Corn Palace, I realized I could have just come here instead of taking the time to see Mt. Rushmore.






No comments:

Post a Comment